FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Finalists Selected for Sparklight Dream Bigger Contest
Voting open through March 31, five winners to each receive $3,000
March 24, 2022 – Phoenix, Arizona – Sparklight today announced the finalists for its 4th annual “Dream Bigger” social media campaign, which offers schools and organizations serving K-12 students in communities served by the internet service provider the opportunity to win $3,000 to fund their science, technology, engineering or math project.
Public voting at sparklight.com/contest through March 31 will determine the five winners from among the 10 finalists, listed below:
- Aransas Pass for Youth, Inc. – Aransas Pass, Texas
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Missouri – Joplin, Mo.
- Denison ISD B. McDaniel Intermediate School – Denison, Texas
- Edinburgh Middle School Science Olympiad team – Edinburgh, Ind.
- FIRST Robotics team 5461 - the Victorian Engineered Robotic Nation (V.E.R.N.) – Meridian, Idaho
- Middleton Middle School – Middleton, Idaho
- Ocean Springs Upper Elementary Computer Science/Coding Club – Ocean Springs, Miss.
- Pass Christian Public School District – Pass Christian, Miss.
- St. James Day School Science Olympiad Team – Texarkana, Ark.
- Winslow High School Robotics Club – Winslow, Ariz.
K-12 schools and organizations in communities throughout the 21 states Sparklight serves entered by submitting a written entry outlining how the award would be used to fund their technology project and how the project benefits students.
“Through our continued commitment to connecting the communities we serve, we are proud to provide resources enabling enhanced learning opportunities for the bright minds of the future,” said Trish Niemann, Vice President of Strategic Communications. “We are excited to see how the leaders of tomorrow will utilize technology both inside and outside the classroom to dream bigger through diverse and innovative ways.”
The finalists – as well as the schools and organizations selected to receive the award – will be highlighted on Sparklight’s social media channels, including Facebook and Instagram.
Sparklight® is a leading broadband communications provider and part of the Cable One family of brands, which serves more than 1.1 million residential and business customers in 24 states. Sparklight provides consumers with a wide array of connectivity and entertainment services, including high-speed internet and advanced Wi-Fi solutions, cable television and phone service. Sparklight Business provides scalable and cost-effective products for businesses ranging in size from small to mid-market, in addition to enterprise, wholesale and carrier customers.
Director, Corporate Communications