FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sparklight Awards $5,000 to Roswell Symphony Orchestra
March 6, 2023 – Roswell, NM – Sparklight®, a leading broadband communications provider, recently awarded a $5,000 grant to the Roswell Symphony Orchestra through the company’s Charitable Giving Fund. Twenty-eight non-profit organizations across the company’s 24-state footprint received grants totaling more than $110,000 during the company’s most recent award period.
For more than 50 years the Roswell Symphony Orchestra has earned a reputation for musical excellence by sharing the talents of New Mexico’s professional musicians with Roswell and Southeastern New Mexico. The Sparklight grant will specifically support RSO’s efforts to cultivate classical music appreciation in youth and underserved audiences via its Educational Enrichment Program, which includes a Young Person’s Concert.
“Often culturally enriching events are out of reach for those in smaller, more rural communities of Southeastern New Mexico,” said RSO Executive Director Shari Perman. “The community we serve has nearly 65,000 people from widely ranging socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds, and many families in our community do not have the means to travel for cultural experiences in larger cities.”
The Charitable Giving Fund, which annually awards nearly $250,000 in grants to local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations served by the Cable One family of brands (Sparklight®, Fidelity Communications, Hargray, ValuNet Fiber and CableAmerica), concentrates support in the following priority areas:
- Education and Digital Literacy
- Food Insecurity
- Community Development
Nonprofit organizations have the opportunity to apply for a grant during open application periods each spring and fall. Applications for spring 2023 grants will open between April 1-30, 2023.
The Charitable Giving Fund is an extension of the company’s existing corporate social responsibility efforts, which include:
- Supporting national organizations dedicated to advancing education and diversity, including the Emma Bowen Foundation and the National Diversity Council.
- Supporting the mission of Special Olympics, which provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports, as well as health, arts, and leadership and advocacy programs for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Planting trees through the Arbor Day Foundation on behalf of customers who switch to paperless billing. By the end of 2022, the company will have planted 120,000 trees in its markets and national forests.
- Supporting the mission of Keep America Beautiful in cleaning up and beautifying communities across the U.S.
- Addressing food insecurity across its footprint through the donation of more than 46 tons of food and nearly $400,00 since 2018.
For more information about the Sparklight Charitable Giving Fund, visit www.sparklight.com/charitablegiving.
Sparklight® is a leading broadband communications provider and part of the Cable One family of brands, which serves more than 1.1 million residential and business customers in 24 states. Sparklight provides consumers with a wide array of connectivity and entertainment services, including high-speed internet and advanced Wi-Fi solutions, cable television and phone service. Sparklight Business provides scalable and cost-effective products for businesses ranging in size from small to mid-market, in addition to enterprise, wholesale and carrier customers.
Director, Corporate Communications