FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sparklight Awards $5,000 to Prescott Nonprofit, YMCA of Yavapai County
Jan. 31, 2023 – Prescott, Ariz. – Sparklight®, a leading broadband communications provider, recently awarded a $5,000 grant to YMCA of Yavapai County through the company’s Charitable Giving Fund. Twenty-eight non-profit organizations across the company’s 24-state footprint received grants totaling more than $110,000 during the company’s most recent award period.
The YMCA of Yavapai County, a non-profit organization that has served the needs of the Yavapai County communities for more than 45 years through programs including aquatics, sports, fitness, childcare, gymnastics, and youth and government, received a grant to assist with the construction of a new YMCA branch in the heart of Prescott Valley.
“On behalf of the Board of Directors, the campaign cabinet, and of course all of the individuals and families who utilize our programs and facilities, I thank Sparklight for your support,” said Damon Olsen, CEO YMCA of Yavapai County. “The grant of $5,000 will help ensure this facility becomes a reality and that we can fulfill our mission and expand services to better serve our entire community. We have been looking forward to being able to make a huge impact in the Town of Prescott Valley through high quality life-enriching YMCA programs and services and this grant will help us to accomplish this.”
The Charitable Giving Fund, which annually awards nearly $250,000 in grants to local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations served by the Cable One family of brands (Sparklight®, Fidelity Communications, Hargray, ValuNet Fiber and CableAmerica), concentrates support in the following priority areas:
- Education and Digital Literacy
- Food Insecurity
- Community Development
Nonprofit organizations have the opportunity to apply for a grant during open application periods each spring and fall. Applications for spring 2023 grants will open between April 1-30, 2023.
The Charitable Giving Fund is an extension of the company’s existing corporate social responsibility efforts, which include:
- Chromebooks for Kids, an initiative in which the company donates Chromebooks to Title I schools across its footprint. To date the company has donated more than 2,600 Chromebooks to help bridge the digital divide in schools that lack funding.
- Supporting national organizations dedicated to advancing education and diversity, including the Emma Bowen Foundation and the National Diversity Council.
- Supporting the mission of Special Olympics, which provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports, as well as health, arts, and leadership and advocacy programs for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Planting trees through the Arbor Day Foundation on behalf of customers who switch to paperless billing. By the end of 2022, the company will have planted 120,000 trees in its markets and national forests.
- Supporting the mission of Keep America Beautiful in cleaning up and beautifying communities across the U.S.
- Addressing food insecurity across its footprint through the donation of more than 46 tons of food and nearly $400,00 since 2018.
For more information about the Sparklight Charitable Giving Fund, visit www.sparklight.com/charitablegiving.
Sparklight® is a leading broadband communications provider and part of the Cable One family of brands, which serves more than 1.1 million residential and business customers in 24 states. Sparklight provides consumers with a wide array of connectivity and entertainment services, including high-speed internet and advanced Wi-Fi solutions, cable television and phone service. Sparklight Business provides scalable and cost-effective products for businesses ranging in size from small to mid-market, in addition to enterprise, wholesale and carrier customers.
Director, Corporate Communications