FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sparklight Awards $5,000 to McComb Nonprofit, St. Andrew's Mission
March 3, 2023 – McComb, Miss. – Sparklight®, a leading broadband communications provider, recently awarded a $5,000 grant to St. Andrew’s Mission through the company’s Charitable Giving Fund. Twenty-eight non-profit organizations across the company’s 24-state footprint received grants totaling more than $110,000 during the company’s most recent award period.
Since 1995, St. Andrew’s Mission has been providing meals to the hungry, medical care to the sick, monthly food distributions, activities for seniors, assistance and counseling to those in need. The Sparklight grant will be used to help run a small business incubator.
“One of St. Andrew’s Mission’s many ministries is a small business incubator, The Business Mill,” said Vickie Webb, St. Andrew’s Board Director. “We have office spaces to help start-up businesses, plus additional space we can build out as we see a need. For example, recently we recognized a need for a commercial kitchen to help small business entrepreneurs establish bakery or catering services in our area, and these funds will go towards filling that need.”
The Charitable Giving Fund, which annually awards nearly $250,000 in grants to local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations served by the Cable One family of brands (Sparklight®, Fidelity Communications, Hargray, ValuNet Fiber and CableAmerica), concentrates support in the following priority areas:
- Education and Digital Literacy
- Food Insecurity
- Community Development
Nonprofit organizations have the opportunity to apply for a grant during open application periods each spring and fall. Applications for spring 2023 grants will open between April 1-30, 2023.
The Charitable Giving Fund is an extension of the company’s existing corporate social responsibility efforts, which include:
- Supporting national organizations dedicated to advancing education and diversity, including the Emma Bowen Foundation and the National Diversity Council.
- Supporting the mission of Special Olympics, which provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports, as well as health, arts, and leadership and advocacy programs for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Planting trees through the Arbor Day Foundation on behalf of customers who switch to paperless billing. By the end of 2022, the company will have planted 120,000 trees in its markets and national forests.
- Supporting the mission of Keep America Beautiful in cleaning up and beautifying communities across the U.S.
- Addressing food insecurity across its footprint through the donation of more than 46 tons of food and nearly $400,00 since 2018.
For more information about the Sparklight Charitable Giving Fund, visit www.sparklight.com/charitablegiving.
Sparklight® is a leading broadband communications provider and part of the Cable One family of brands, which serves more than 1.1 million residential and business customers in 24 states. Sparklight provides consumers with a wide array of connectivity and entertainment services, including high-speed internet and advanced Wi-Fi solutions, cable television and phone service. Sparklight Business provides scalable and cost-effective products for businesses ranging in size from small to mid-market, in addition to enterprise, wholesale and carrier customers.
Director, Corporate Communications