FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sparklight Awards $5,000 to Hope Street of Siouxland
Jan. 31, 2023 – Sioux City, Iowa – Sparklight®, a leading broadband communications provider, recently awarded a $5,000 grant to Hope Street of Siouxland through the company’s Charitable Giving Fund. Twenty-eight non-profit organizations across the company’s 24-state footprint received grants totaling more than $110,000 during the company’s most recent award period.
Hope Street of Siouxland, a sober living home that offers care and services to those suffering from homelessness, addictions, and mental illness in the Greater Siouxland community, received the grant to purchase clothing, footwear and equipment necessary for employment opportunities in construction and manufacturing.
“Hope Street of Siouxland will use the grant to purchase necessary clothing and items to help our guests gain employment. With an opportunity to buy steel toe boots, welding helmets, cold weather gear and hand tools, there is a better chance for access to trade jobs with higher pay,” said Sara Johnson, Hope Street Program Director. “Anything to help those willing to put the work into changing their lives through being hired in many different industries will benefit from these funds. We appreciate businesses such as Sparklight who support local nonprofits trying to make a difference.”
The Charitable Giving Fund, which annually awards nearly $250,000 in grants to local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations served by the Cable One family of brands (Sparklight®, Fidelity Communications, Hargray, ValuNet Fiber and CableAmerica), concentrates support in the following priority areas:
- Education and Digital Literacy
- Food Insecurity
- Community Development
Nonprofit organizations have the opportunity to apply for a grant during open application periods each spring and fall. Applications for spring 2023 grants will open between April 1-30, 2023.
The Charitable Giving Fund is an extension of the company’s existing corporate social responsibility efforts, which include:
- Chromebooks for Kids, an initiative in which the company donates Chromebooks to Title I schools across its footprint. To date the company has donated more than 2,600 Chromebooks to help bridge the digital divide in schools that lack funding.
- Supporting national organizations dedicated to advancing education and diversity, including the Emma Bowen Foundation and the National Diversity Council.
- Supporting the mission of Special Olympics, which provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports, as well as health, arts, and leadership and advocacy programs for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Planting trees through the Arbor Day Foundation on behalf of customers who switch to paperless billing. By the end of 2022, the company will have planted 120,000 trees in its markets and national forests.
- Supporting the mission of Keep America Beautiful in cleaning up and beautifying communities across the U.S.
- Addressing food insecurity across its footprint through the donation of more than 46 tons of food and nearly $400,00 since 2018.
For more information about the Sparklight Charitable Giving Fund, visit www.sparklight.com/charitablegiving.
Sparklight® is a leading broadband communications provider and part of the Cable One family of brands, which serves more than 1.1 million residential and business customers in 24 states. Sparklight provides consumers with a wide array of connectivity and entertainment services, including high-speed internet and advanced Wi-Fi solutions, cable television and phone service. Sparklight Business provides scalable and cost-effective products for businesses ranging in size from small to mid-market, in addition to enterprise, wholesale and carrier customers.
Director, Corporate Communications