FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sparklight Awards $15,000 for STEM Education Through
'Dream Bigger' Campaign
April 26, 2023 – Phoenix – Sparklight® today announced the six winners of its fifth annual “Dream Bigger” social media campaign, which awards $15,000 to schools and organizations providing STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education to K-12 students.
Since 2019, Sparklight and the associated Cable One family of brands have awarded nearly $120,000 through the Dream Bigger initiative.
“Helping provide our future leaders with access to hands-on learning opportunities through our ‘Dream Bigger’ campaign aligns with our continued commitment to the communities we serve,” said Trish Niemann, Vice President of Communications Strategy. “STEM education sets these young students up for success, and we are honored to be part of their learning journey.
More than 100 schools and organizations from communities in the 21 states Sparklight serves submitted entries outlining how the award would be used to fund their STEM projects, and how the projects benefit students. Determined by public voting, six schools and STEM programs will each receive the $2,500 Dream Bigger award including:
- Beckemeyer Elementary School – Hillsboro, Ill. The Sparklight award will support Beckemeyer’s after-school STEM club, which allows students to complete hands-on activities while learning about coding, robotics, physics and much more in an environment that makes learning fun.
- The Big A.I. Robotics Team – Clark Middle School – Vincennes, Ill. In its second year, Clark Middle School’s Big A.I. Robotics team will use the Sparklight award to help build its second robot, and to expand its robotics program so more students who are interested in STEM can participate.
- The Ask Academy – Rio Rancho, NM. The Sparklight award will help Ask Academy students acquire the resources and equipment needed to explore new areas of robotics, physics, and engineering, as well as attend a STEM-related field trip.
- Presbyterian Day School – Cleveland, Miss. The sixth-grade science class at Presbyterian Day School will use the Sparklight award to purchase new and different electrical equipment to help with their study of electricity, conductivity, and circuits.
- Long Beach Television (LBTV) – Long Beach High School – Long Beach, Miss. The Sparklight award will be used to purchase an additional, much needed professional-grade video camera for the daily LBTV broadcast, which teaches the student journalists about reporting, videography, teamwork, and professionalism.
- Syringa Middle School – Nampa, Idaho. The Sparklight award will help Syringa Middle School purchase two new 3D printers to expand its ability to teach students about design, engineering and computing in a fun environment that allows students to see and handle the results of their STEM experiments.
Sparklight® is a leading broadband communications provider and part of the Cable One family of brands, which serves more than one million residential and business customers across 24 states. Powered by a fiber-rich network, Sparklight provides consumers with a wide array of connectivity and entertainment services, including high-speed internet and advanced Wi-Fi solutions, cable television and phone service. Sparklight Business provides scalable and cost-effective products for businesses ranging in size from small to mid-market, in addition to enterprise, wholesale and carrier customers.
Director, Corporate Communications