FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sparklight Awards $3,5000 to MasterKey Ministries of Grayson County
March 6, 2023 – Sherman, Texas – Sparklight®, a leading broadband communications provider, recently awarded a $3,500 grant to MasterKey Ministries of Grayson County through the company’s Charitable Giving Fund. Twenty-eight non-profit organizations across the company’s 24-state footprint received grants totaling more than $110,000 during the company’s most recent award period.
MasterKey Ministries of Grayson County is a faith-based non-profit organization that envisions a healthy community where every family has the opportunity to succeed. MasterKey’s focus is on providing the assistance families and individuals need to break the cycle of poverty, and the ministry plans to use the Sparklight® grant to expand its food aid activities.
“We provide numerous avenues for community residents to receive much-needed food, such as weekly pantries, extra food for seniors monthly, support for food-insecure school students, low-income employees of area corporations, and for those without transportation,” said MasterKey Executive Director Julie Rickey. “As we identify pockets of need, we work to make sure that every family in our community has adequate food for healthy living.”
The Charitable Giving Fund, which annually awards nearly $250,000 in grants to local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations served by the Cable One family of brands (Sparklight®, Fidelity Communications, Hargray, ValuNet Fiber and CableAmerica), concentrates support in the following priority areas:
- Education and Digital Literacy
- Food Insecurity
- Community Development
Nonprofit organizations have the opportunity to apply for a grant during open application periods each spring and fall. Applications for spring 2023 grants will open between April 1-30, 2023.
The Charitable Giving Fund is an extension of the company’s existing corporate social responsibility efforts, which include:
- Supporting national organizations dedicated to advancing education and diversity, including the Emma Bowen Foundation and the National Diversity Council.
- Supporting the mission of Special Olympics, which provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports, as well as health, arts, and leadership and advocacy programs for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Planting trees through the Arbor Day Foundation on behalf of customers who switch to paperless billing. By the end of 2022, the company will have planted 120,000 trees in its markets and national forests.
- Supporting the mission of Keep America Beautiful in cleaning up and beautifying communities across the U.S.
- Addressing food insecurity across its footprint through the donation of more than 46 tons of food and nearly $400,00 since 2018.
For more information about the Sparklight Charitable Giving Fund, visit www.sparklight.com/charitablegiving.
Sparklight® is a leading broadband communications provider and part of the Cable One family of brands, which serves more than 1.1 million residential and business customers in 24 states. Sparklight provides consumers with a wide array of connectivity and entertainment services, including high-speed internet and advanced Wi-Fi solutions, cable television and phone service. Sparklight Business provides scalable and cost-effective products for businesses ranging in size from small to mid-market, in addition to enterprise, wholesale and carrier customers.
Director, Corporate Communications