Sparklight is joining forces with Hallmark Channel to help local shelter animals find forever homes of their own at special adoption events being held this month in Meridian, Idaho; Gautier, Mississippi; Sherman, Texas; Aransas Pass, Texas; and Rio Rancho, New Mexico.
"There are an overwhelming number of homeless pets in shelters around the country in need of loving homes and families," said Trish Niemann, Senior Director of Corporate Communications for Sparklight. "We appreciate the opportunity to partner with Hallmark Channel and local animal rescue organizations so that we can support our communities and help these pets find forever homes."
Sparklight will donate $1,000 to each of the rescue organizations sponsoring an event as well as cover adoption fees for a number of pets at each event.
- Meridian, Idaho: Noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 15 at Meridian Canine Rescue, 501 E. Scenery Lane, Suite 100, Meridian, Idaho.
- Gautier, Mississippi: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 16, at Jackson County Animal Shelter, 4400 Audubon Lane, Gautier, MS.
- Sherman, Texas: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 16, hosted by the Sherman Animal Shelter at Towncenter Shopping Center in front of Petco/Target, 4184 Towncenter Drive, Sherman.
- Aransas Pass, Texas: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 29, hosted by the Aransas Pass Animal Shelter at Aransas Pass Civic Center, 700 W. Wheeler Ave., Aransas Pass, TX.
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico: Noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 29, hosted by NM K-911 Rescue and other local shelters at Enchanted Hills Petsmart, 7817 Enchanted Hills Blvd. NE, Rio Rancho, NM.
Everyone who makes a donation or adopts a pet during these events will be entered into a raffle to win a Hallmark Channel gift basket valued at $100.
These events coincide with Hallmark Channel's third annual American Rescue Dog Show, which airs Feb. 16 and 17 at 8 p.m./7c on Sparklight Channel 266/1266.
Sparklight® is a leading broadband communications provider and part of the Cable One family of brands, which serves more than 900,000 residential and business customers in 21 states. Sparklight provides consumers with a wide array of connectivity and entertainment services, including high-speed internet and advanced Wi-Fi solutions, cable television and phone service. Sparklight Business provides scalable and cost-effective products for businesses ranging in size from small to mid-market, in addition to enterprise, wholesale and carrier customers.
About Hallmark Channel's Adoption Ever After
Working in collaboration with the country's leading animal rescue and welfare organizations, activists, distribution and advertising partners, and celebrity influencers, Hallmark Channel's Adoption Ever After aims to dismantle common misconceptions about shelter animals, provide resources, inspire the public to adopt, and ultimately create a future where every pet has a loving home. The initiative shines a spotlight on the countless lovable pets in our nations shelters through annual on-air programming specials like Kitten Bowl, Hero Dog Awards, and The American Rescue Dog Show, as well as strategic partnerships, consumer marketing campaigns, public service announcements, and grassroots efforts.